Right to Know

The Right to Know Department cannot assist with requests for housing. If you wish to apply for housing or inquire about your status on a waitlist, please contact PHA Admissions at (215) 684-4454.

If you are calling about a voucher, transfer or any other issue while an HCV/Section 8 tenant, please contact the HCV Department at (215) 684-4300.

If you are unsure of which department you need, you can call the PHA General Line at (215) 684-4000.

Effective October 11, 2010
In accordance with the Commonwealth's Act 3 of 2008, 65 P.S. ยงยง 67.101 et seq., (also known as the "Open Records Law"), records of the Philadelphia Housing Authority are, subject to certain exceptions set forth in the Open Records Law, available for inspection of duplication upon request.

Requests for inspection and/or duplication should be submitted in writing to the attention of:

Ashley McGuire, Esq.
Agency Open Records Officer
Philadelphia Housing Authority
12 South 23rd Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103

The request should be specific enough so that PHA can determine what records are sought and what time frame. The request must include a name and address (it may be an email address) to which PHA should send its response. Additionally, please provide a phone and/or fax number, so that PHA can contact you for any clarification or questions.

Duplication fees are $0.25 per page for single-sided copies, in accordance with the fee structure of the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records. PHA may also charge additional fees, if reasonable and necessarily incurred in complying with the request, and for specialized records requests, such as requests for certified copies or fees for conversion of electronic media.

PHA will require prepayment of estimated fees, by money order or check, associated with complying with the request if the fees are expected to exceed $100. If that estimated prepayment exceeds the actual cost, the requester will be reimbursed. If it is under the actual cost, payment of the difference will be required. Payment for records may always be required before records are produced. Please note that service fees and attorney fees will be applied to all checks for insufficient funds.