- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban
Development - http://www.hud.gov
- HUD's mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive
communities and quality affordable homes for all. HUD is working to
strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect
consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes:
utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build
inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination; and
transform the way HUD does business.
- City of Philadelphia - http://www.phila.gov/
- The official website for the City of Philadelphia
- Liberty Resources - http://www.libertyresources.org/index.html
- A non-profit organization that advocates and promotes
Independent Living for persons with disabilities.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
(LIHEAP) - http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ocs/liheap/
- LIHEAP assists low-income households primarily in meeting their
immediate home energy needs.
- Philadelphia Corporation for Aging (PCA) - http://www.pcacares.org/
- PCA is a private, non-profit organization serving as
Philadelphia county's Area Agency on Aging since 1973. Its mission
is to improve the quality of life for older Philadelphians or
people with disabilities and to assist them in achieving their
maximum level of health, independence and productivity.
- Philadelphia Managing Director's Office of Emergency
Management (MDO-OEM) -
- MDO-OEM is responsible for ensuring the readiness of the City
of Philadelphia for emergencies of any kind.
- Philadelphia Office of Supportive Housing
(OSH) - http://www.phila.gov/osh/
- OSH is charged with the policy, planning and coordination of
the City's response to homelessness. Its mission is to assist
individuals and families in moving towards independent living and
self-sufficiency in safe and stable housing.
- Philadelphia Office of Housing and Community
Development - http://www.phila.gov/ohcd/
- OHCD is the City of Philadelphia's housing policy agency
responsible for administering housing and community development
programs to benefit low- and moderate-income residents.
- Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare - http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/
- DPW administers an array of supportive services and programs
that assist millions of Pennsylvanians. DPW's programs help provide
many of our most vulnerable citizens with the most basic
necessities, including food, shelter, health care and other forms
of vital assistance.
- Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) -
- PHFA is the Commonwealth's leading provider of capital for
affordable homes and apartments. It also operates homeownership
programs, rental housing development initiatives, and a foreclosure
- QuitDay.Org - http://www.quitday.org/quit-smoking/
Freedom from Smoking - http://www.ffsonline.org/
Smoking Prevention -
Addiction and Treatment -