Want to Report Fraud/Make a Complaint? Do You Know
- Doesn't report their total income?
- Doesn't report everyone living in the household?
- Rents or sublets their apartment?
- Steals time, money or resources from PHA?
- Pays or accepts bribes?
If You Do, Money is Being Wasted!
Keep the money where it belongs - at work in your development to
play areas, community centers, landscaping, after school programs,
senior activities, safety and security programs.
You Can Help By Reporting Fraud
All residents are encouraged to report fraud, waste, abuse and
serious mismanagement that occur on any of the PHA property, to
ensure that your taxpayer dollars are spent responsibly.
Report incidences of fraud immediately while the facts are still
fresh in your mind. Be prepared to answer the following
- Who was involved? (Names, addresses, phone
numbers if available)
- What happened? (Summary of events, additional
sources of evidence)
- When did it happen? (Date, time,
- Where did it happen? (Location, city,
- How did it happen? (Scheme or plot used to
commit the offense)
Contact PHA's Office of Audit and Compliance
PHA's Office of Audit and Compliance investigates and
helps to eliminate corruption, criminal activity, conflicts of
interest, and unethical conduct by PHA's officers, employees,
residents, and others who are doing business with, or receiving
funds from PHA. There are three ways to make a report:
- Call: (215) 684-8300
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal mail or walk in person:
Office of Audit and Compliance
Attn: Complaint Intake Unit
Philadelphia Housing Authority
12 S. 23rd Street, 5th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
To file a complaint online, click here.
All complaints are kept confidential.
The Office of Audit and Compliance (OAC) at PHA work diligently
to protect the identities of complainants, or individuals who make
reports. There are rare circumstances when it may be necessary for
the OAC to release the identity of a complainant. However, by
disclosing your identity to the OAC, you help to further the
investigation of your compliant by making it easier for the OAC to
contact you to answer any follow-up questions.