The Office of Audit and Compliance (OAC) is the Philadelphia
Housing Authority's independent oversight department established to
perform investigative, audit and compliance-related activities
relating to PHA's operations, programs and services. The OAC serves
PHA by helping to identify and reduce risks and ensuring that
policies, procedures, laws and regulations are followed,
established standards are met, resources are used efficiently and
effectively, and PHA objectives are achieved.
OAC operates under the general direction of PHA's President
& CEO with a direct reporting relationship to the Board of
OAC provides the following services:
- Conducts financial and financial-related audits.
- Conducts compliance and quality assurance reviews of operating
controls and transactions to determine compliance with laws,
regulations, and procedures.
- Conducts performance/operational audits to determine
efficiency, economy, and effectiveness of all program areas and
- Conducts criminal and administrative investigations involving
allegations of impropriety, fraud, criminal activities, conflicts
of interest, waste, mismanagement, etc.
- Serves as liaison and coordinator of PHA's interest with HUD,
local and federal regulatory and investigative bodies.
- Responds to requests from the Board of Commissioners, the
Executive Director and the Senior Management team for independent
analyses of management or internal control systems.
- Coordinates audit efforts between internal and external
auditors to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Investigates complaints against the PHA Police Department
Complaints can be made anonymously by telephone, fax, U.S. mail,
email, or in person. To report fraud, waste, or abuse, please
Office of Audit and Compliance
Attn: Complaint Intake Unit
Philadelphia Housing Authority
12 S. 23rd Street, 5th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Fraud Hotline: 215-684-8300
Note: The confidentiality of the source is respected.
Residents and individuals doing business with PHA are strongly
encouraged to report information to the OAC. Click here to learn more about reporting
fraud or a complaint.
To file a complaint online, click here.
To read Frequently Asked
Questions (FAQs), click here.
Executive Vice President - Audit and Compliance
12 S. 23rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103